Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Dreams and hopes

"What do I need to get to create my own CDs?"
Sometimes I get asked this question. Its a very valid one. I always have to answer it with a question. What is your goal and how much are you willing to spend?

If you have a decent sound card ($50 - $100), A decent mike ($50 - $100), not so bad speakers and some audio software (try them before you buy them), you can do a good job at it. It is not tough. If you listen to the song "Kali" posted here, you will know what you can do with a very cheap system.

In reality its not the recording gear that matters. Its your inner-drive. Are you willing to spend hours trying to sharpen your craft? Reading, listening, trying different types of software and burning the midnight oil. And when your dream is strong enough, you will find a way to afford the system suitable to you. Afford-ability is a product of priority.

I hope these rants provide some insight into my world. I hope it also provide hope to my readers to keep dreaming. You die when you stop dreaming. What I was afraid of the most was waking up one day and finding out that I had no dreams that I could look forward to. At any point in life, if there is no dream, there is no hope. Without hope the human spirit dies.

So I decided to go for it no matter what others might think. No matter what my past was. No matter how many years have gone by when I could have done something. No matter what the family or critics might say. Deep in my heart, I knew what I should be doing. Its a short life and if I spend it just in cubicles, its would be an awful waste.

Are there going to be challenges? You bet. Crap happens. But its better to zip through the crap and come out of it than waddling in it with self pity.

Thats enough for today.
Atomfilms is still reviewing my 6 minute short. Its taking a long time. It must be so good that they are having executive meetings on how they can fit in this high quality piece fit in with the rest of their mediocre stuff.
Of course, I am being sarcastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best that I have read on your blog; especially the 4th. 5th and the 6th paragraph. I agree with you 100%.