Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Meet Suman aka Kanmani


I've known Suman since she was a very little girl. Her parents are very close friends of ours. When all hope was lost in finding the lead girl for the lead, Divya suggested we try Suman. I was not sure because all I could think of was the child I remembered. But Suman was in college already. Boy, time flies. So I called her father and asked him. He said she was really into dance and theater. So I called Suman and she was excited about the project.

Suman is an extremely talented individual. She has excelled in her academics. Well, she was accepted by University of Berkley which is No. 1 for arts and social studies in the country. She is also a trained bharathanatyam dancer. She finished her arangetram last year. I have not seen many people as gifted as Suman. She can handle classical as well as Bollywood dances quite well. She has what I call "the grace". Its a gift. Either you have it or you don't. Anyway, the story goes that Suman had a friend called Shalin who is a great choreographer and a dancer as well. (more about Shalin later). If not for these two, the Kanmani music video would have been a whole different story. The video is shaping up so well. I can't wait to finish it.

1 comment:

yathin said...

Am an IT professional from Bangalore..its really nice to see such videos in our boring, artificial life. The way Suman and Shalin performed and the way the video has been pictured..too good..ma best wishes for their successful growth.