I take pride in knowing Sukhi on not just a professional level but also as his best friend. We go back quite a few years. What I know is that Sukhi is a dreamer with guts. I have seen a lot of dreamers but it takes some mental muscles to pursue that dream and fight for it.Sukhi recently finished producing a feature film called "A Secret Handshake". It is now in distribution. That may seem like a trivial task to an outsider. But the truth is that it is tougher to get a film distributed than to get it made.
Here is Sukhi's profile on imdb.com . Now this may seem trivial again. But try getting your entry in there now. Its not as easy as it was 5 years ago on imdb when they were just happy to have any content at all. And thats exactly why I am so proud to get my name on it as well (imagine a big grin here).
The common thread here is a movie called A Secret Handshake. Sukhi worked very hard getting this project done. He lives in Hollywood with his wife and parents. I live in the San Francisco bay area. Its about 6 hours driving distance. I was supposed to do the music for this movie(ASH in short).
These guys were hitting snags after snags trying to get financing and getting it edited. In short, Rajesh Naroth did not do the music for ASH. Instead a man call Jeff Jones who was supposed to do only sound effects for the movie did it. The reason, it was easier and they could finish the work faster. I remember Sukhi calling me and telling me that he will take all that music out in a heartbeat and put my music instead but I told him not to do that. Finishing that project is more important than me getting my name in there. In the bigger scheme of thing, these things do not matter.
Now.. they did not have any music for the title piece. So sukhi calls and asks me for any music that I may have.. They needed it so quickly. So I sent an old mix of mine. I still regret having sent such a mediocre piece of music but well.. no one complained. And I got my name on imdb. :-)
Here it is
1 comment:
COngratulations on the IMDB entry, man. That is uber cool :)
Like the Gaylords clip.
Post a Comment