(Okay. It is time to get back to the album details.)This song bears the flag for this album along with Kanmani. I wanted this to be the title song but I couldn't find a 'numerologist approved' name. Anyway, this one is going to really rock your world because it is unlike any album song you've listened to and the lyrics are very simple and uplifting. If you are a person that is sad, desperate and about to give up, this song is especially for you.
Vidhu Prathap
I exactly knew who was going to sing this. It would be Vidhu Prathap. The only problems was, Vidhu never picked up his phone. For months. I tried umpteen times with no luck. But this was his song. It was time for me to take my India trip and there was no sign of him. I had already booked Madhu Balakrishnan but I was not going to give up on Vidhu.
I made one last attempt to reach him from the San Francisco airport right before boarding the flight and he picked up!. He had just returned from a long trip and decided to pick his phone up. I call this whole trip to India, string of coincidences and was one of them.
Anyway, it also turns out that Vidhu was also a very very distant relative of mine. I figured that out later.
I went to record the songs in Trivandrum. That day morning when I went down to have breakfast, I saw a very familiar face there. It was Jassie Gift who I had worked with 3 days ago. I went and shook hands with him and right there was Vidhu. So we met unexpectedly. Vidhu then introduced me to Manjari and her mother. Legendary singer Chithra and writer Sreekumaran Thambi were also present. I did say Hello to Chithra. I really hope I will be able to work with her sometime in the future. They were all there as part of some Asianet show.
I recorded the song the same day as Manjari. Vidhu brought a great level of compassion into the song. He was a gifted singer. His purity of notes aka Swara Sudhi is really unparalleled. His voice has a very distinct quality. He is also a very humble, easy going person and it was a great pleasure working with Vidhu.
On the way back, he sms-ed me wishing all the best for my endeavors. I really look forward forward to working with him more.
The album lyrics are posted here. Click on the lyrics for a larger font. Enjoy.
2 comments:
so happy to read about ur experience with Vidhu..what you said is 101% true..Vidhu Prathap is a gifted singer!!! genuine talent and genuine voice...!!He is going to rule! Hats OFF!!
shabbus
Vidhu is a very talented and gifted singer.he is very humble and down to earth too..
Post a Comment